Sunday, 13 June 2010

Interview for Sketch Records

Photobucket


Its a bit late up but here's an interview I did for Sketch Records before playing their gig at the Russian in London;

"Up & coming DJ/Producer Scott Harris is well and truly working his way up the ranks. Recent sets at Digital Brighton & The Russian Bar Shoreditch have gone down a storm with his sets consisting of harsh fidget basslines and bouncing wobbles with a bit of grimey dubstep thrown in for good measure. He’s supported some big name DJs including Count & Sinden, Stenchman, Far Too Loud & A1 Bassline to name but a few. We caught up with him for a chat before his set at Sketch Records on May 21st.
Hi Scott. Tell us a little bit about what you've been up to in the studio recently.
I've been busy working on a lot of remixes since last November, most of which are out now. More recently I've started working on an LP which will be released in July. I'm also cooking up a new project at the moment which is pretty exciting.
All sounds really cool. So apart from Sketch @ The Russian, where can we catch you playing this summer?
My two other big ones are on 14th May I'm supporting HeavyFeet & 2 Bit Thugs at Brixton Jamm. In June I'm playing at Sellindge festival alongside Jack Beats & Stenchman.
For the people out there that might not know, can you give us a brief description of your style/sound ?
My sound is mainly fidget, but I'm taking a big influence from the dubstep scene. My producing style has got a bit more bouncy and less wobbly more recently.
Cool. So what do you think of the state of the scene at the moment, and the direction it's taking?
I'm not so keen on the fidget scene anymore, I still follow the big artists like Lee Mortimer, Calvertron, Jack Beats etc. I'm really liking the electro/dubstep crossover sound at the moment, artist like High Rankin. My forthcoming project is going to be based on this sound.
Favourite club you've played, and club you'd most like to play?
The biggest club I've played in is Digital, Brighton where I supported The Count & Sinden but my first gig in London, downstairs at The Russian, was one I'll never forget.
Favourite tune of all time?
Definitely 'Wekan - Skid (Touche Remix)' I nearly always play it, its a timeless tune.
Tell us something about yourself that we probably wouldn't know.
I've never used CD-J's without an audience, I learnt how to mix on a Tonium Pacemaker but its quite restricting to DJ with so one night I burnt some CDs and picked it up as I went along, luckily Pioneer's are easy to use.
Thanks Scott. See you on the 21st May :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment